Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Perfect Plan

LIVE. YOUR. LIFE.

    Worrying has never been my thing. I know that I can plan for the future and make precautionary plans, but curve balls are simply a part of life that God allows to stretch us. I went to Mizzou not because I was already a True Daughter, but because it is where God was pointing me. I entered college being Pre-Pharmacy not knowing that I would choose to apply for the Radiography Program rather than UMKC 5 days prior to the deadline. I graduated college with expectations of working in a hospital, but applied for 30 rad tech positions and a single position outside of health care. 

    Looking back on these life altering decisions, I can see how God has prepared my heart for these moments. I can see that the time I invested into various organizations was purposeful and has directed me towards this moment. Here is the story:

     In February, I was looking through my Mizzou mailbox and found a yellow flyer that was for MCAC (http://mcac.missouri.edu). I thought it was pretty cool; however, it didn't seem pertinent to me. I had my post-grad plans figured out (apply for tech jobs in Columbia, Joplin, and Tulsa regions and prepare for PA school). The timing was terrible to look further into the job opportunity, thus I took notes on the back of it and took it as a shut door. 
 Displaying photo.JPG
    The funny thing about a shut door is that they can reopen when the time is right and when our hearts are more prepared for the decision that is placed in front of us. June 5th I applied for a College Adviser position. I saw it as an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of future leaders and empower students to succeed. It was a way for me to serve and surrender my future plans completely to God. Unbeknownst to me, this was the position I looked at 4 months prior. Many steps have guided me in this direction, and without a shadow of a doubt I know what my next move is. I am thrilled to announce that I will be the College Adviser at Parkview High School through Missouri College Advising Corps this year. 

    God is so good. His plan is perfect. He might be silent, but He is always present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment